I just read a friend’s blog who cited some of her conversations with her children. It reminded me that I shouldn’t wait for landmark days to pen milestones and funny happenings with Alex. So here are the things I love about Alex, who is seven months and 14 days old:
-I love when we place him on his back in the bathtub, he kicks so much he splashes water in his face. He laughs, screams and kicks some more. When I take him out, he cries.
-I love when he hears someone’s voice on the speaker phone, his eyes light up and he smiles. Then kicks. Especially if it’s Toby or my mom on the line.
– I love how if there was a rugby game going on in our living room, it wouldn’t matter to Alex if he spotted our dog, Tux, walk into the room. He is obsessed and talks at Tux when he sees him.
-I love how every so often, I let him play with his food. It’s worked against me as he now always wants the bowl. But who cares?
-I love how he loves to swim.
-I love how he can look so different with every photo.
-I love how he is now trying to make US laugh. Whenever we ask him a question, he’ll shake his head furiously with a smile. Then he gets a bit dizzy. Or when I try to get him to say “MaMa”, he smiles and replies with “DaDa”.
– I love how whenever I pull out a book, he smiles and kicks his legs.
– I love how singing Row, Row, Row Your Boat soothes him every time he fusses on the change table.
– I love how his bottom lip pops out when he gets scared and bursts into tears. It melts my heart.
-I love that he already has a sense of humour (or so I think).
– I love putting him to bed each night.
– I love that I miss him and can’t wait to see him again in the morning.